Iterum Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs

Go down

Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs Empty Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs

Post by Sargo922 Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

Entry #1, SSV Constantinople, November 10th, 2186

Elizabeth is currently sitting at her desk, setting down an Alliance mug as she looks into the camera "Video log #1, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole." The woman's posture shifts into one more comfortable, leaning back into her chair and looking up at the ceiling above her, the sounds of Marines shouting in the background could be somewhat made out in the silence as Liz smiles to herself, shaking her head

"It's been...I want to say almost six months since my last combat deployment, but only a few days since the Reapers attacked Earth. After the...sheer chaos and horror I witnessed in NYC, I knew I couldn't just sit behind a desk at an Alliance command center and do nothing, so here I am, on board the SSV Constantinople and ready to bring the fight to the Reapers. Although I'm not in a completely combat oriented role, I'm happy to help out however I can and the soldiers here...god damn, they are everything I heard them to be. Except Thatcher, I'm glad to be with him again."

Her gaze falters from the camera for a brief moment "It's...difficult, having to serve alongside him in such a war, I'm so worried about him, especially after what happened to my family back in 2183...I'm not even sure Flynt knows what happened to them, I haven't spoken to him since he graduated from the academy while I was still working on my extra credit courses. He seems to be very happy to have me around again though. Everyone else on the ship however is very nice as well, a few oddballs here and there but it's a good environment to see given the circumstances. I heard that they lost one of their NCOs during their last deployment, a sacrifice to save the Alliance VP. I didn't know Jason Kelce, but from what I've heard he was a good marine and a greater man, he's offically listed as MIA, so it may just be me being optimistic but I'll cross my fingers and pray that he's alright, and that he's kicking Reaper ass as best he can."

Liz glances to her left, a shadow can be seen moving into view of the wall behind her as a voice calls out "Hey Liz, you busy at the moment?" The woman smiles, reaching over to the camera "Course not Flynt, what can I do for y--" The feed cuts out as she turns off the camera.

Entry #2, SSV Constantinople, November 11th, 2186

Elizabeth is sitting at her desk, her marine armor on as she sits back from turning the camera on "Video log #2, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole."

The woman sighs, running a hand through her hair "This is just a short recording for now, I'll have a longer one when I get back, but we're heading down to Houston today for a VIP rescue. Don't know who we're looking for but if the Commander thinks they'll be an asset then I'll trust his judgement. It's gonna be a rough one for me given all the rust I probably earned from all the downtime but I'm not gonna let anything slow me down." She looks to her hand, noticing it shaking slightly as she grasps it, taking a few deep breaths before looking back to the camera "Just pre-battle jitters...I'll be fine though. Should be a quick in-and-out anyways s--" Liz is interrupted by a radio call going off, her radio is quiet enough that the camera can't pick it up as she takes another breath "Time to go, I'll record another video when we get back. Rachel Elizabeth, signing off." The marine reaches over to the camera again before killing the feed

Gotta love it when your patrols are so fucking dead you can write this shit without any problems

Entry #3, Houston, November 11th, 2186

Elizabeth is sitting up against the wall in what looks like a ruined shop, the sounds for battle can be heard distantly in the background of the recording as a Vindicator is resting up against the wall. The girl in question looks tired, beads of sweat can be seen on her forehead as she takes a swig from a canteen, glancing over to the side as she does so. "Well, I don't know what I expected when I got down here but Houston's a mess, Reapers are everywhere and there's a big one stomping down the street a few blocks away from us. It's towering over the city like a vengeful god. It's honestly annoying when you're trying to sleep and then all you can hear is that thing blowing up another city block or another f--" The audio on the camera automatically mutes for a moment, Liz glares off-screen as she says something, but it's impossible to make out. The audio unmutes a few moments later

"Yeah, like that. Anyways, we're holding up in a building while we treat our wounded, Morello got the worst of it, ran into a Brute on the way here, she's recovering pretty well though. Chevalier's arm is broken and he's in a cast but no other major injuries otherwise. We found that VIP I was talking about though, she's a Turian Cabal, pretty tough fighter, bit of a stuck up bitch but she's a Turian and she's good, so I'll let it pass for now." The sounds of shouting are heard off to the side, along with the reports of gunfire from several rifles "Bloody hell, They're back for more! Take up positions quick!" Liz stands up, grabbing her rifle and running off camera, the reports of her rifle going off, as well as the general sounds of combat are picked up by the camera before it automatically shuts off.

Entry #4, Houston, February 12th, 2186

The camera turns on, revealing Elizabeth sitting against a shelf, her helmet on the ground next to her and her Vindicator resting in her lap as she leans her head against the shelf behind her."Video log #4, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole." The woman looks out to her side briefly before turning back to the camera

"Well, things have been...quieter than earlier in Houston, the Sovereign-Class that was keeping us company earlier decided to buzz off and a new one replaced it. The Reapers have since been making occasional skirmishes against us but no major assaults have come our way. I'm just taking a few moments to rest and let this graze I got yesterday relax for a bit. I spoke with our Collector friend, Krevik and Lieutenant Banner a bit about the war and the differences between our fight and the Prothean's war against them." She sighs, rubbing her forehead briefly

"It's hard not to feel sorry for all the pain that Krevik's been through, but the fact he put himself through it by choice at first was what's difficult to believe. He's a great fighter and we have a lot to learn from him in terms of actually facing the Reapers in battle, but it's very much an uphill fight, but I'm confident that we'll come out in the end, we've come back from the brink before after all." She removes her canteen, taking another sip of it before turning her focus back on the camera

"But yeah...things are tricky to say the least...But we're tough, and we'll get the job done, regardless of the cost. Rachel Elizabeth, signing off." She reaches forward, shutting the camera off.

Entry #5, SSV Constantinople, November 15th, 2186

The camera turns on as it reveals Elizabeth sitting at her desk, her armor covered in muck and grime and dried splatters of blood. She looked tired and defeated as she spoke, her voice almost monotone at this point  "Video log #5, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole."

She sighed, glancing at the camera, her once vibrant eyes now a much duller shade as she looked down again "We...Got back from Houston, it was a perfect extraction of all the civilians...Didn't lose a single Kodiak on the way out...Picked up a new Marine as well, but...Not all of us made it back..." Liz reaches up with an armored hand, wiping a stray tear away as she takes a breath, widening her eyes to regain her composure as she looks back to the camera "Sykes didn't make it back...Some new fuckin' Reaper, an Asari Husk or something...had this bone chilling scream and biotic abilities ambushed us on the roof...Killed Sykes just before we escaped...Nobody should have to die like that, the last thing they see is the chilling eyes of a monster screeching in their face before...nothing..." The soldier glances towards the doorway, her eyes glancing down again

"The funeral is shortly...I should go get cleaned up, get my dress uniform on...Elizabeth, signing off." She reaches over, shutting the camera off without another word.

Entry #6, Outskirts of Moscow, Earth, November 20th, 2186

The Camera turns on, revealing Elizabeth standing in what looks like a Guard tower, the sun's rays illuminating small pieces of a military base in the background behind her as she leans against a railing, turning to the camera for a moment.  "Video log #6, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole."

She takes a breath, looking out over the perimeter before glancing down at a monitor on her omnitool "Finally got back onto the field after working on those Intel dossiers that Alliance Brass wanted me to compile given my deployment in Houston...Things were rough yesterday, Flynt's in a bit of a rough spot but I think he's getting better mentally..." She looks down towards the road briefly, her brow furrowing slightly

"The Reapers attacked the base in force last night, Lots of husks, Cannibals and Marauders, along with a pair of Brutes and Banshees. The Brutes wemt down with relative minor injuries, Chevalier's armor got dented and a bunch of us got thrown around a bit, but the worst was when the Banshee's showed up...Flynt and Morello got thrown off a rooftop, shields took the brunt but they got stuck in the medbay for a bit, I got biotic blasted again, shields took most of it...Chevalier...Got his armed ripped off. He was undergoing treatment and from what I heard he should be okay, physically anyways. I don't know what's going to become of him but I hope the best for him. Even if he's a bit of an ass socially he's still a good soldier." She looks down to her omnitool again before turning to the camera

"I finally got around to chatting with Vicky on a brighter note, she's a character alright. Funny, kind of cute in a way and a general joy to be around. I'm gonna make a mental note to keep talking with her when I can, she always speaks her mind and I appreciate that." she pushes off the railing, looking to the camera fully "That's all the time I think I'll have for this recording, this is Elizabeth, signing off." she reaches over to the camera, shutting it off

Entry #7, SSV Constantinople, November 25th, 2186

The camera turns on, Elizabeth leaning back into her seat, rubbing her eyes as she looks to the camera  "Video log #7, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole." She looks up at the ceiling "Alliance Intelligence has finally let me return to field duty now that I'm done with those Intel reports they threw my way. Hopefully I haven't offended too many people by sitting at my desk just working on this stuff for hours on end. I'm gonna go chat with a few people, Flynt first though. I'm really worried about him and I need to spend more time with him. He needs all the support he can get and regardless of what the others say or think about him, Flynt is strong and he'll pull through. I know he will. And I'll be there every step of the way."

She looks toward the camera now "Well, that's all I've got really, nothing else major. Guess I'll end the video here, this is Elizabeth, signing off." With that she reaches over to the camera and after a moment, shuts it off.

Entry #8, SSV Constantinople, December 3rd, 2186

The camera turns on, Elizabeth is seen sitting in her chair at her desk, a mug of tea in her hands as she adjusts her fatigues, a pair of bandages wrapped around both her shoulders and her hair is tied neatly into a ponytail. Video log #8, Authorization code 673-9218; For the record this is not an official Military recording and this is a personal documentation, any views and opinions said in this recording are of the person or persons involved and not the direct views and feelings of the Alliance Military as a whole." She takes a sip of her drink, looking to the camera "We finally made it back after our mission in Italy, where we got shot down thanks to a Hades Cannon and spent the last few days with barely functioning armor and equipment trying not to freeze to death in the Alps whilst fighting off Reaper patrols."

She looks at the ceiling again, wincing slightly as she carefully moves her shoulders "Met some new nasty Reapers while down there, the first one we met was this big, hulking beast we called an Obliterator, fuckin' weapons platform for the Reapers with the strength of a Brute. I swear it had a new firing mode every time we saw one, and the two we fought nearly killed half the squad in both circumstances and messed Miller up pretty badly, but the most disturbing ones we encountered were during our evac, I'm naming them Stalkers for the purposes of this recording, but they were these fast and agile creatures with light armor and scythes for arms that tore through our armor. One messed Greene up pretty bad before he killed it, and the other two that showed up got Chevalier, Val, Vicky, Vernon and myself before we took them both down. Finally got to meet Hoplite 6, though, I tried looking stuff up about him but everything was classified so I won't talk about him much, he's a friend of Greene's though and he's tough as nails, helped a lot against those Stalkers, I don't know if he's planning on sticking around the Constantinople for awhile but I'd welcome his help anyday."

The soldier rubs her forehead for a few seconds "Been having headaches ever since we got back, just some minor ones, nothing too major, I've been taking some meds for it to help eleviate it most of the time, I'm sure it's nothing and just post-combat stress, so it'll pass. It's good to be back on the ship though, and I need to ask Greene when we go on our next deployment if we can go somewhere warm!" She gives a small laugh, sipping her tea again before turning to the camera

"Well, I think I'll wrap it up here, I need to start working on the dossiers for the new Reaper units for Intel, this is Elizabeth, signing off." She reaches over to the camera, and after a moment, shuts it off.

Last edited by Sargo922 on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:41 pm; edited 6 times in total

Sargo922
Canuck

Back to top Go down

Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs Empty Re: Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs

Post by Sargo922 Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Small little update during last night's event

Sargo922
Canuck

Back to top Go down

Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs Empty Re: Rachel Elizabeth's Video Logs

Post by Sargo922 Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:51 am