Iterum Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle

2 posters

Go down

Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle Empty Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle

Post by Vasiil Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:11 pm

Emperor John III has declared himself Emperor and autocrat of all Romans once again taking up the mantle. He has ordered his top general, Strategos Palamas to raise the national army and march on the Castle defending Constantinople from the East where he will then lay siege to it. The Banner of the Byzantine Empire will once again fly over Constantinople!
Vasiil
Vasiil
Owner

Back to top Go down

Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle Empty Re: Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle

Post by Scout Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:02 pm

Days into the siege, scouts report the front gates opening just a moment, as a single man on horse exits, the gates quickly slam shut behind him. He sallys forth towards your forces and brings word from the garrison commander.

"General, I bring word from our commander to yours. He asks that you immediately stop this siege, and instead work with the Latin Empire to face the greater Bulgarian threat to the West, who stands bloated with power and mad with ambition. He asks that you humbly set your swords and arrows towards them, rather than us. With the Sicilians joining the battle, it is surely only a matter of time until the Bulgarian hordes knock on your doors. It is imperative that we strike them before their allies arrive. We urge you to make the wise decision, general."
Scout
Scout
Admin

https://iterum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle Empty Re: Empire Of Nicaea raises army and attacks Latin castle

Post by Vasiil Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:18 pm

The General silently stares back at the messenger and looks behind him. From the group of mounted officers behind him, a man wearing a crown comes forth, identifying himself as the Emperor of Nicaea.

"You Frankish pretenders occupy the land of my forefathers, my people the same as the Bulgars. You will both be subject to the wrath of God as I reclaim what is mine and indeed all of ours, not yours. I suggest you all surrender this castle now, focus on holding them back for when I return to Constantinople I will not shed the blood of innocents or of your kinsmen but before I die, you will all recognize me as the rightful king of the Romans and of Byzantium."
Vasiil
Vasiil
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Scout Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:21 pm

The messenger steps back, seeming somewhat scared in the presence of the Emperor. He quickly hops onto his mount, and then rides away. Hours later, the horns of war are heard from within the castle walls, as the Latin forces sally out.
Scout
Scout
Admin

https://iterum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vasiil Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:38 pm

The Emperor rides out in front of the Imperial army as ranks are formed, he yells out to them as he rides along.

"Men of Byzantium! Our enemies have heard our resolve and decided to respond with war! They took our lands long ago, from my fathers! From your fathers! In our hearts we are all men of Rome and our land is stolen from us, our glory and our pride! Today is the day we correct the course of our peoples history! Today is the day we go forth and forge our destiny as the greatest Empire Europa has seen!"
Vasiil
Vasiil
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down